I originally posted this recipe almost 3 years ago! These Paleo Fudge Cups are one of the most-viewed recipes on my site.
This recipe is one of my favorites for fast, easy, delicious, and healthy (yup, I said it) treats. DELICIOUS. Did you ever eat icy cubes as a kid? Am I the only person who remembers those?
I hated them at the time. If they were offered I would eat one, but I didn’t really like them that much. I always thought they were a little strange. This “fudge” reminds me of those, but in a really good way. If you are “off” sugar, or are trying to eat better but NEED something sweet, look no further.
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 c [url href=”http://amzn.to/2klHFzJ”]raw cacao powder[/url] (or cocoa)
- 1/4 c raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together coconut oil and honey.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners, or use a [url href=”http://amzn.to/2kMEMIY”]silicone mold[/url]
- Pour chocolate mixture into liners about 1/4 full.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from liners and place in a container in the fridge (use wax paper to separate layers).
I only have a couple of thoughts about this . . . make them, and eat them. It’s that simple. I made my first batch with peanut butter but felt bad because my daughter is allergic and couldn’t try one . . . or did I do it on purpose so that she couldn’t have any?
- shredded coconut
- chopped nuts
- flavor extracts — mint, orange, hazelnut, etc
- coarse salt sprinkled on top
Add your variations to the comments below!