These candied pecans are quick and easy, and your family will love them!
Whenever I make a batch of these, they don’t last long. My kids start hovering and snatching them off the pan before they are even cooled down.
I love to make these as a treat, or to top a big salad! They take minutes to make and will get your kids eating more nuts, which is never a bad thing. Unless they are allergic, obviously . . .I recently discovered the joys of vanilla bean powder and have been playing around with it, but I know that isn’t a regular household item so I included pure vanilla extract instead. If you do have access to the powder though, definitely try it out!
- 2 c pecans
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat a skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add pecans and stir for a minute or two.
- Pour syrup over the nuts and stir quickly to coat.
- Sprinkle on cinnamon and vanilla. Stir constantly to prevent the nuts from burning.
- Stir for a few minutes or until the nuts are coated well and browned slightly. The syrup condenses down to caramelize the pecans.
- Transfer to a parchment lined pan and spread out to cool.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt.