- Cacao beans contain theobromine which is a relative of caffeine. Unlike caffeine, however, theobromine is mild, has a slow onset, is long lasting, and non-addictive. Caffeine is harsh, has a fast onset, doesn’t last long, and is highly addictive. Theobromine won’t make you feel nervous or jittery, either.
Boost your immune system
- Cacao has the highest concentration of antioxidants of any other substance in the world.
Reduces cravings and helps you lose weight
- Cacao contains the minerals and molecules that help curb your appetite, which helps you lose weight.
Dr. Oz had Crio Bru on his show several months ago:
“I think this is something really worth trying. Here’s what I love about it. It’s why it can help you burn fat faster. It has a natural stimulant, not caffeine, called theobromine that can boost your metabolism. It’s very safe. It also has a fat blocker. It helps get rid of the fat in your body by blocking an enzyme you need to digest fat, so you never absorb the fat into your body.”
Supports the heart, digestive system, brain, and bones
- Cacao has more magnesium than any other food. Magnesium supports all of the above systems.
- Crio Bru is 100% fat free, sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free.
Oxygenate the blood and retain healthy blood sugar levels
Feel great, sleep better, reduce stress, and increase focus
- the same endorphin released by the body after exercise is contained in one plant: cacao.
- Phenylethylamine is the hormone released from the body when we fall in love. It is also responsible for keeping us more alert and focused. It is found abundantly in cacao.
- Seratonin is also found in cacao. This chemical helps protect us against stress.
- The natural anti-depressant, tryptophan, also promotes better sleep and relaxation and is found in cacao.
I have also tried Crio Beans, which are whole cacao beans covered in dark chocolate. I have never been a huge dark chocolate fan. The first one I tried was super weird. Then I tried a few more, and actually didn’t mind them at all. If you’re off of refined sugar, they taste amazing. If you like dark chocolate, you’ll like them. They have a different texture, kind of soft but fibrous.
Crio Bru encourages a 10 day challenge when you buy the product. The idea is to drink Crio Bru every day/evening for 10 days straight and see the difference it makes. I tried this, and let me be perfectly honest. It was incredible. Each evening I made the Bru and I never opened my cupboards once to scrounge for snacks. I didn’t even feel the urge to eat during the evening, and went to bed completely satisfied. It was such a huge change for me. I’m usually starving in the evening and just eat what I can find. My husband and I enjoy our Crio Bru almost every night, and not only are we preventing ourselves from excessive snacking, but we sleep a lot better as well. Try it!
After years of drinking Crio Bru, I have perfected how I like it. I add coconut sugar, a little coconut milk, and some natural flavorings. The flavorings I got from a company called “>coconut and mint and they are both awesome. I alternate between the two. This is my favorite way to drink my Bru!