I still love my Instant Pot. I bought one on Black Friday last year from Amazon, and have loved playing around with it. These baby potatoes just became one of our new favorite ways to use it!I love ALL potatoes done quickly in the instant pot. I usually do a big batch of sweet potatoes to have on hand all week long. But there is something about new baby potatoes eaten whole with the perfect creaminess that makes me swoon.
It’s the perfect time of year to make these potatoes. They are the perfect compliment to a summer potluck when you don’t want to heat up the oven. My kids loved grabbing them and eating them whole, but they would also be great slightly mashed with some butter ;).
Feel free to customize and make these your own. I kept them simple and they were still super delicious and gobbled up by my family.
Do you have an instant pot? What’s your favorite thing to make in it? I love it for eggs, soups, and potatoes!
- 2 lbs baby potatoes, whole
- 5 T avocado oil
- 3 tsp seasoning salt (I use [url href=”http://amzn.to/2eO8RGf” target=”_blank”]Real Salt Seasoning salt[/url])
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 c chicken bone broth (or stock)
- optional: chopped rosemary, parsley, or other fresh herbs.
- Press “Saute” on the instant pot.
- When it reads “hot” add the oil and potatoes.
- Stir with a long handled wooden spoon until potatoes are coated with oil. Sprinkle on seasoning salt and add garlic while continuing to stir potatoes around.
- Keep stirring for 8 minutes.
- Add broth.
- Close the lid, make sure the valve is closed, and choose “manual” mode for 11 minutes.
- When the time is up, release the pressure and enjoy!