This easy lunch comes together in 30 minutes or less and has something for everyone. Try these BBQ Chicken Veggie Bowls tonight!
I don’t think any two kids are alike, and I have four that are pretty different from each other. When I make meals, I try to add at least one thing to the table that I know they will all eat, even if it’s just cutting up an apple!
This meal is easy to customize according to your family’s taste preferences. I wouldn’t skip the pineapple though, it takes it to the next level. I love adding lots of colors to my plate and this meal makes that easy.
- 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Tessemae’s BBQ sauce (or other sauce of choice)
- 1/2 head red cabbage, sliced
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2-3 c [url href=”http://www.simplelifebykels.com/how-to-make-cauliflower-rice/” target=”_blank”]cauliflower rice[/url]
- Avocado or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Add chicken to instant pot or pressure cooker and drizzle generously with BBQ sauce. Close the lid. Push “manual” and adjust the time for 10 minutes.
- Prepare other veggies, including caulirice.
- Heat 3 pans over medium/high heat on the stove with a little bit of avocado or coconut oil in each.
- Pan 1: add caulirice with seasoning of choice.
- Pan 2: add cabbage with some salt and cover.
- Pan 3: add chopped peppers and celery.
- Saute all the veggies until crisp-tender.
- While veggies are cooking, cut up some fresh pineapple.
- When the chicken is done, let the steam out and then shred it with two forks.
- Assemble your bowls according to personal preferences and enjoy!